24C / 75.2F˚ Max
This trekking route is designed to give you an opportunity to be in contact with the Andean people. You will get to experience their life style and traditions.
We will pass by a couple of villages along the way and get to witness what life is like in these remote parts of Cusco. As well as enjoy beautiful high landscapes, lakes and Andean Camelids such as Llamas and Alpacas.
At the end of our trek you will also be able to enjoy the medicinal & therapeutic hot springs in Lares.
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your Hotel/Hostel, to drive for about 1 ½ hrs to the community of Pumawanka (2900m/9512ft), which is located in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Whilst our chef prepares breakfast for us, we will get ready to start our journey.
After we have fueled our bodies with a nutritious breakfast we are ready to depart. Starting the day slow and steady enjoying the views and hiking along the stream of the Pumawanka River. After around 3hrs we will arrive at a small Inca Site. We take a break here and enjoy a snack while your guide will tell you about the history of this archaeological place.
We carry on towards the lunch spot and from here it is only another hour to Gallorumiyoc (3800m/12464ft). Our journey will continue up a beautiful trail surrounded by woods of a native tree called Queuna.
We will reach the campsite at Puyoc (4100m/13448ft) after around 2 ½ hrs. We let the day end with happy hour, dinner and perhaps a game of cards.
Today we wake up early, and after a great breakfast we leave camp behind heading towards the pass. Along the way we will be able to see a couple of highland lagoons. We reach the summit of Sikllacasa pass (4700m/15416ft) after around 3 hours. Time to take a Selfie before we start to descend towards the lunch stop.
We will be passing by a few more highland lagoons and herds of llamas and alpacas, which are grassing around us. After your well-deserved lunch we carry on downhill for about 2hrs to the community of Cuncani (3800m/12464ft).
This beautiful place is our campsite. In this community traditionally over the years women have been making their own clothes and outfits using what they have on hand (e.g. llama wool and alpaca fiber). You will have an opportunity to buy some of their wonderful, handmade Peruvian products.
We only have to trek for 2 ½ hrs until we arrive at the natural hot springs. This is a welcome break for your muscles to recharge and enjoy the medicinal wonders of the Lares Hot Springs (3250m/10660ft).
You will also be served another delicious lunch by our chef before driving to Ollantaytambo. This drive takes approximately 3 hrs followed by a 1hr 45min train ride to the Town of Aguas Calientes.
Early in the morning we will catch the bus to Machu Picchu where your guide takes you on a tour around the city for 2 hours. Afterwards you have free time to explore the city on your own.
You will also be climbing either the mountain of Huayna Picchu or the Mountain of Machu Picchu (if you have booked these options in advance).
At around 1pm (recommended time) you are leaving to take the bus back to Aguas Calientes where you will be catching the train to Ollantaytambo. Our private transportation will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco and drop you off at your Hotel/Hostel.
- Professional bilingual trekking Tour Guide
- Pick up from hotel/hostel with private transport to Pumahuanca (starting point of the journey)
- ALL meals are included!
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 morning snacks, 3 Happy Hours (afternoon Snack), 3 dinners
- VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA COST
- Transport from Lares to Aguas Calientes town
- Round trip bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Pre and Post Trek Yoga Class in Cusco with certified Yoga Teacher
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Professional chef
- Drinking water (excluding the first half of the day when you need to bring your own)
- 4 man Tents (for 2 people)
- Small bucket with hot water for washing purposes at campsite
- Hand soap and hand towels
- Foam sleeping mattress
- Horsemen and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment)
- Personal Porter (to carry personal duffle bags up to 8kg/17.6lbs)
- Extra Horse for emergencies
- First Aid Kit and Oxygen bottle
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes | 3 Star Hotel, Twin Room for 2 people
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport back to Cusco
- Gratuity (tips for guides, chef, porters, horseman & yoga teacher)
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- If you are a Single Traveler and you don't want to share your tent you can rent a single tent from us
- If you are a Single Traveler and you don't want to share a Twin Room in Aguas Calientes you can pay extra for a Single Room
- Sleeping bag ($ 25)
- Inflatable mattress ($ 25)
- Walking Sticks ($ 10 each)
- Single tent supplement ($ 35)