28C / 82.4F˚ Max
THIS TREK WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MARCH 2018!
This trek is a great option to enjoy part of the ancient path of the Incas; if you do not have enough time to do the full trek. It combines flora, fauna and one of the most amazing Inca sites called Winay Wayna; and of course Machu Picchu itself.
Inca Trail | Machu Picchu | http://machupicchu.gob.pe/
We pick you up with our private transportation from your hotel/hostel at around 4:30am to drive you to the town of Ollantaytambo. Here we will have a quick stop for breakfast. Afterwards we will walk together to the train station in the same town, where we will catch a train for about 1hr to the starting point of our journey. Km 104, we start a moderate uphill to the archaeological site of Winay Wayna (forever young) which will take us about 4 hours. Once at the top we will take a well-deserved break, enjoying the astonishing view of the Urubamba canyon and the magnificent Andes while you get a brief tour of the site by you tour guide. After the guided tour you will be served a delicious lunch by our chefs. We will continue our journey for about 1hr along a flat undulated path towards the sun gate. Here we will have our first sight of Machu Picchu! Time to take one of the best pictures you can get of this magnificent city! After a short break we will continue for 45 more minutes downhill towards Machu Picchu itself. From here we will catch a bus to head to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will check into our hotel followed by dinner.
Early in the morning we will catch the bus back to Machu Picchu. Your guide will take you through the city for 2 hours on a great tour, then you will have free time to enjoy the city on your own.
You will also be climbing either the mountain of Huayna Picchu or the Mountain of Machu Picchu (if you have booked these options in advance). You will make your own way by bus to Aguas Calientes where you will be catching the train back to Ollantaytambo. Our private transportation will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco and drop you off at your Hotel/Hostel.
- Professional bilingual trekking Tour Guide
- Pick up from hotel/hostel with private transport to km 104 (starting point of the journey)
- Breakfast on the first day!!
- 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA COST
- Round trip bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Inca trail and Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Professional chef
- Drinking water
- First Aid Kit and Oxygen bottle
- 1 night's accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport back to Cusco
- Gratuity (tips for guides, chef and porters)
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- Lunch on the last day
- Travel insurance
- Sleeping bag ($ 25)
- Inflatable mattress ($ 25)
- Walking Sticks ($ 10 each)
- Single tent supplement ($ 35)