24C / 75.2F˚ Max
This trek is designed for travelers who don’t have enough time for longer treks. In addition this Trek is also a less challenging option that combines nature, flora, fauna, history and Yoga.
Huchuy Qosqo means ‘Small Cusco’ or ‘Little Cusco’ in Quechua. Situated at 3600m/11808ft north of Cusco and above the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Documents suggest that the town was built during the reign of Viracocha, eight ruler of the Inca dynasty. Huchuy Qosqo only received it’s name in the 20th century – It’s original name was Kakya Qawani.
We will pick you up early morning from your Hotel/Hostel and drive to Tambomachay (3800m/12464ft), a small archaeological complex. Tambomachay is comprised of a series of ceremonial water fountains, which are dedicated to water cult.
From here we begin our 4 1/2 hr hike through Puna landscapes and over the Sicllaccasa Pass (4020m/13186 ft). Once we cross the Pass we will continue our journey towards the Queullococha Pass (4185m/13727ft). In the distance you will be able to see the majestic Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon & San Juan snow peak Mountains.
We continue towards Qoricocha Lake where we will take a break and enjoy lunch. After lunch we carry on for another 3 1/2 hrs to the last pass named Rumicruz (4230m/13874ft) and downhill towards our campsite in the community of Pucamarca (4010m/13153ft).
We leave camp early in the morning and walk downhill along the beautiful restored Inca trail towards the Leon Punku. Here you can find the remains of an Inca bridge & original trail. This small canyon shows great geological formations surrounded by majestic boulders that direct the river to Huchuy Qosqo (3600m/11808ft).
After 2hrs of hiking we arrive at our destination. We will explore (guided tour) the complex and its imposing architecture that includes a large open ceremonial center, from which we enjoy a panoramic view of the Sacred Valley, the Vilcanota River, and the mountain range of the same name.
After your tour in Huchuy Qosqo we are on our way to Lamay (3000m/9840ft) where you will enjoy a delicious lunch. In the afternoon we drive in our private transportation to Ollantaytambo. Here we catch a train to the town of Aguas Calientes where dinner is waiting for us.
Early in the morning we will catch the bus to Machu Picchu where your guide takes you on a tour around the city for 2 hours. Afterwards you have free time to explore the city on your own.
You will also be climbing either the mountain of Huayna Picchu or the Mountain of Machu Picchu (if you have booked these options in advance).
At around 1pm (recommended time) you are leaving to take the bus back to Aguas Calientes where you will be catching the train to Ollantaytambo.
Our private transportation will be waiting for you to take you back to Cusco and drop you off at your Hotel/Hostel.
- Professional bilingual trekking Tour Guide
- Pick up from hotel/hostel with private transport to Tambomachay (starting point of the journey)
- ALL meals are included!
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 morning snacks, 1 Happy Hours (afternoon Snack), 2 dinners
- VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA COST
- Transport from Lamay to Aguas Calientes town
- Round trip bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu
- Pre and Post Trek Yoga Class in Cusco with certified Yoga Teacher
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Professional chef
- Drinking water (excluding the first half of the day when you need to bring your own)
- 4 man Tents (for 2 people)
- Small bucket with hot water for washing purposes at campsite
- Hand soap and hand towels
- Foam sleeping mattress
- Horsemen and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment)
- Personal Porter (to carry personal duffle bags up to 8kg/17.6lbs)
- Extra Horse for emergencies
- First Aid Kit and Oxygen bottle
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes | 3 Star Hotel, Twin Room for 2 people
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport back to Cusco
- Gratuity (tips for guides, chef, porters, horseman & yoga teacher)
- Ticket to Huayna Picchu Mountain or Machu Picchu Mountain
- If you are a Single Traveler and you don't want to share your tent you can rent a single tent from us
- If you are a Single Traveler and you don't want to share a Twin Room in Aguas Calientes you can pay extra for a Single Room
- Sleeping bag ($ 15)
- Inflatable mattress ($ 15)
- Walking Sticks ($ 5 each)
- Single tent supplement ($ 20)