33C / 91.4F˚ Max
This City is also known as the twin sister of Machu Picchu and the last refuge of the Incas. Choquequirao (cradle of gold) would have played an important role as it was a connection between the Amazon Jungle and the City of Cusco.
Located in the Cordillera of Vilcabamba this trek will take you through astonishing landscapes, different microclimates, flora and fauna.
In the morning you get picked up from your hotel with our private transportation. The starting point of our Journey is a place called Capuliyoc (2900m /9512ft). Here we will meet with our horseman and you will have a bit of time to get ready for the trek (check everything you need is in your daypack, put on sun cream and bug spray). The trek begins with a downhill walk over the Apurimac Canyon and we walk for about 4 hours. We will be crossing the small village of Chiquisca on the lower part of the Canyon. Another 30 minutes later to arrive at our lunch spot, Playa Rosalinda (1500m/4920m). After our recharging lunch we start a 2hr ascent towards Santa Rosa (2100m/6888ft), our first campsite.
We will wake you up early in the morning and after enjoying a nutritious breakfast, we continue our trek at around 6am. For about 3hrs we will hike up to Marampata (3000m/9840ft). During our journey you get to observe the different vegetation in the area. Once we arrive in Marampata we have a well-deserved break. Along the way you will get to see many orchids and wild flowers as well as native birds. The last 2 hours of our hike will be accompanied by impressive views of Choquequirao. Once we arrive at the base camp you will be delighted with a great lunch. In the afternoon we relax and rest in camp.
You get to explore the entire day with your guide in the magnificent city of Choquequirao.
Waking up in the middle of the Andes is one of most amazing feelings. After you have enjoyed this breathtaking view you will be served breakfast and we will get ready to return home. We take the same trail back and you get to enjoy the amazing views of the Andes one more time. Lunch will be served in the hamlet of Chiquisca where we arrive after approximately 6hrs of trekking. Later in the day we will continue for 2 more hours until we reach the campsite at Cocamasana (2500m/8200ft).
This is the last day of our journey together. And to avoid the heat of the sun we begin early. This is the last bit of the trek and it will take us at least 4 hours until we reach the pass of Capuliyoc (2900m/9512ft). During our journey we get to observe the exotic flora and fauna as well as sights of majestic snow-capped peaks and the impressive Canyon of the Apurimac River. In Capuliyoc where the climbing path finishes we will have lunch. In the afternoon we drive back for approximately 4 hours to Cusco where we drop you off at your Hotel/Hostel.
- Professional bilingual trekking Tour Guide
- Pick up from hotel/hostel with private transport to Capuliyoc (starting point of the journey)
- ALL meals are included!
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 morning snacks, 4 Happy Hours (afternoon Snack), 4 dinners
- VEGETARIAN OPTION AVAILABLE AT NO EXTRA COST
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao
- Guided tour in Choquequirao
- Pre and Post Trek Yoga Class in Cusco with certified Yoga Teacher
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Professional chef
- Drinking water (excluding the first half of the day when you need to bring your own)
- 4 man Tents (for 2 people)
- Small bucket with hot water for washing purposes at campsite
- Hand soap and hand towels
- Foam sleeping mattress
- Horsemen and mules (they carry cooking and camping equipment)
- Personal Porter (to carry personal duffle bags up to 8kg/17.6lbs)
- Extra Horse for emergencies
- First Aid Kit and Oxygen bottle
- private transportation back to Cusco
- Gratuity (tips for guides, chef, porters, horseman & yoga teacher)
- If you are a Single Traveler and you don't want to share your tent you can rent a single Tent from us
- Sleeping bag ($ 30)
- Inflatable mattress ($ 30)
- Walking Sticks ($ 15 each)
- Single tent supplement ($ 40)